A computer or a server which is connected to the internet is assigned a unique IP address in numerical form separated by dots. This dot becomes an identity for a computer or a server. If I website owner blocks a particular IP address that means from that IP the website will not be accessible. For example if ipburger.com blocks the IP 18.104.22.168, it would mean that any network connection using that IP will not be able to open the website. Blocking an IP address is an option used commonly by site administrators to get red off spammers and undesired visitors from their sites.
Blocking an IP address can be done by the firewall in the Windows. Following these easy steps you can block an IP address.
Click on the Start button in the Windows.
Locate Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. An alternative way is to find it through control panel.
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, simply click on the Start or Windows button and type Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and press Enter button.
- Click on the Inbound Rules tab located on the left side of the window.
- After clicking on the Inbound Rules, you will see New Rule tab on the right side of the window.
- Click on the New Rule and Choose the Custom Rule which you will find at the end.
- Check Custom Rule and click on the Next button.
- Next select the All Programs and click Next button.
- Click the Next button again.
- Select These IP addresses button, which you will find under Remote IP addresses. Click on Add and enter the IP address that you want to block in the designated space.
- Click OK and then click Next.
- Select Block the connection tab and click on Next to proceed.
- The Windows will ask you to write a description for the firewall rule. After entering the description, click on Next button.
- Click on Finish to create and implement this rule that will block the desired IP address
- Final step would be to choose Outbound Rules on the left side of the window and repeat the process.